We all know glutathione, the antioxidant that’s popularly known to whiten skin. To be honest, I use it every now and then, not because I want to achieve a fairer complexion, but to even out my skin and bring back my color after a trip or prolonged periods of sun exposure. But did you know that gluthatione’s whitening effect is just a bonus?
Let’s get a little scientific. Glutathione is naturally produced by the liver and is known as the master antioxidant. It’s known to repair damaged cells caused by free radicals and toxins caused by stress, aging, and an unhealthy lifestyle. Even if it’s produced in our bodies, it’s important to get glutathione from an outside source since we need more to fight stress and time. It can be found in food like tomatoes, oranges, broccoli, spinach, and meat, but it’s a good idea to take a supplement for a more concentrated amount.
Apart from improving the cell structure in our body, glutathione has also been found to do the following things:
- Boost the immune system. A healthy immune system helps fight infections and disease, so you can count on being healthy. This is important for me since I’m already in my thirties.
- Prevent inflammation. Inflammation is the cause of a lot of diseases. It has been said that low levels of glutathione contribute to chronic inflammation so a regular intake of the antioxidant will help keep you in the pink of health.
- Increase liver health. The liver is a detoxifying organ so a functioning one will help keep you healthy.
- Improve cognitive health and memory. As a writer, I need this so much.
- Help sleep, hangovers, and fertility. These are things I’m struggling with as I grow older so glutathione will help a lot.
So where does whitening come in? As an antioxidant, glutathione takes care of the body’s needs before it goes to the skin. When it does, it promotes a clear complexion, erases ugly pimple marks, and refines pores. And it gives that fairer and younger complexion that Filipinos seem to love.
It’s easy to be confused with the number of glutathione products in the market but here’s a tip. Find the one that uses L-glutathione instead of just glutathione. L-glutathione is the most bioavailable, meaning the body will readily absorb them and effectively boost glutathione levels.
For this, I recommend SnowCaps, a supplement packed with 500mg of l-glutathione per capsule. Aside from offering the benefits I mentioned above, SnowCaps improves your skin by reversing the dark melanin pigments into light pigments and reducing melanocytes, which produces melanin. What makes this product great is that it also has Alpha Lipoic Acid and Vitamin C, which boost the body’s natural ability to synthesize glutathione and release it in its oxidized form.
By taking one capsule of SnowCaps per day, you can get the benefits in less than six weeks!
This story is in partnership with Vida Nutriscience. SnowCaps are available in all leading drugstores nationwide. One box with 30 capsules is worth P1,495. For more information, visit the website, call them at 9279227, send a fax at 4553900, text 0928-665-2646, or send an email. You may follow them on Facebook and Instagram.