Christmas is only a few days away, and we’re all feeling the holiday spirit, both good and bad. Good, because we’re seeing friends and family we haven’t seen in a while, and bad because we have to deal with last-minute Christmas shopping and the horrible traffic.
Globe is making our Christmas special by giving subscribers 12 gifts this December. From freebies to discounts, new partnerships, content, and ways to show our love, the network is creating opportunities to be merry this 2016:
1. Overseas Filipinos can now send RiteMed medicines and e-gift cards to their loved ones back home
There are many overseas Filipinos who won’t be able to come for the holidays, but Globe is helping them send the love back home through Unilab and SariSariPH. Through Unilab, overseas Filipinos can order RiteMed medicine at Philippine prices, and have them delivered to their dependents at home. Those based abroad can call the international hotline support, which will then relay orders to MedExpress, Unilab’s retail partner.
Overseas Filipinos can also send gifts through SariSariPH, which will send e-gift cards via email and SMS. They can e-gift cards for restaurants, clothing shops, massages, and more!
2. Konsulta MD lets you chat with licensed Filipino doctors, anytime, anywhere
Everything is online, and that now includes medical help. KonsultaMD lets subscribers call and talk to licensed Filipino doctors that can answer every health question. The best part is, it’s available 24/7! Filipinos based in Hong Kong can subscribe for HK $129 for 30 days, which includes unlimited access to medical professionals, day and night.
3. NBA fans can now enjoy exclusive content
Fan of the National Basketball Association (NBA)? You can now get exclusive content and livestreaming through Twitter, after the social media platform partnered with the NBA. Globe is the first advertising partner in Asia for the NBA Live.
4. Filipino movie buffs can watch the On the Job series
Those who like Filipino films can subscribe to HOOQ, a goldmine for classic Lino Brocka films and indie favorites from Cinemalaya. Early next year, the streaming service will release On the Job, a series spinoff of the critically-acclaimed Erik Matti film of the same name. The series is also directed by Matti, and stars Bela Padilla, Nonoy Froilan, Leo Martinez, Christopher de Leon, Dominic Ochoa, Smokey Manaloto, Jake Macapagal, and Arjo Atayde.
5. Parents can let their children watch kid-friendly content on YouTube
Parents no longer need to worry about their children watching adult content, because the YouTube Kids app only shows kid-friendly and educational shows.
6. New Pokestops!
Your dreams of being a Pokemon Master is now closer to reality. Globe’s partnership with Niantic means 340 new Pokestops in select Globe reload stations and 241 gyms in Globe stores. Globe is also launching Pokemon merchandise so watch out for that!
7. There’s now an app for Korean content
Korean culture is strong among Filipinos, and they will surely love Tribe, a streaming service focused on Korean content. Fans can watch entertainment shows from KBS world and tvN, anime shows from Aniplus, LIVE e-Sports events via eGG channel, and action and Asian Thriller programs from KIX and Thrill channels. Aside from that, subscribers can also build communities through events, contests, and viewing parties.
Too lazy to go out to do your Christmas shopping? Do it online with Digimall, an e-commerce platform that supports small and medium enterprises (SMEs). The platform is perfect for those who love supporting local businesses.
9. Enjoy discounts using Globe Rewards!
The best part about this is that you don’t even need to use points to redeem them! All you need to do is show you’re a Globe subscriber and you can avail discounts on tons of things:
- Get P50 off when you watch the dome show at Exploreum from December 15 to 31
- Get 10% off on a game when you play at SM Bowling from December 15 to 31
- Get a free use of one locker at SM Skating from December 15 to 31
- Get 20% off on total lunch and dinner buffet bill at Spectrum (Fairmont Hotel) from December 15 to 31, except December 24 and 25
- Get 80% off on the Sea Lion Trainer, Mermaid Experience, and Aquanaut Voyage at Manila Ocean Park from December 15 to 31
- Free entrance + two guests at Valkyrie from December 15 to 31 (except for special events)
- Free entrance + two guests at Palace Pool Club from December 15 to 31 (except for special events)
- Free popcorn for every movie ticket at Ayala Malls Cinemas (select screenings only) from December 23 to 25
- Free hair treatment for ever P100 purchase at HBC from November 25 to December 31
- Up to 38% off on Green Tea variants at Elizabeth Arden from November 25 to December 31
- Get 50% off on sale items at H&M from December 19 to 31
- Get P300 off for a minimum purchase of P1,500 at Lazada from December 15 to 31
10. Freebies at Globe Broadband!
Subscribe to Globe Broadband for Plan 1299 and up, and get free six months of Netflix, HOOQ, and NBA League Pass! Plan 1299 lets subscribers watch movies and surf the web at speeds up to 10 Mbps.
11. Watch A Christmas Carol
Globe is returning on stage with A Christmas Carol, a musical that’s sure to light up the holidays. There are shows until December 25 at Globe Live!, and you can watch for free at the grassy area outside the venue. I suggest you get a ticket inside for the full theatrical experience. My review here.
12. Star Wars apparel
Rogue One came out last week and everyone fell in love with it. I haven’t seen it yet, but there are people saying it’s better than Star Wars: The Force Awakens. I’m happy to hear that more and more people are getting into the franchise (I’m planning on doing a marathon soon), and fans can avail of limited-edition Star Wars apparel only available at the Globe ICONIC store in Bonifacio High Street.