These are just some things that I absolutely: hate, abhor, despise, detest, loathe, dislike, and resent when it comes to online networks, a place where gay men can get dates, fuck buddies, friends, or boyfriends. Examples of these sites include: Downelink, Fabuloush, Connexion, G4M, and DList.
1. Most of these sites require you to have a message before you can add guys, or in G4M’s case, before you can contact them. What irritates me about this is that most guys usually only have a hello, or hi as a message. It is really irritating, because it’s them who wants to talk to you, but you are obligated to formally begin the conversation.
2. “Can we be friends?” – this is usually the pick up line next to the generic hi or hello. That is an OUTRIGHT LIE. They click a picture in the Friends List not because the words I’M FRIENDLY is stamped onto the man’s face. It’s because they are attracted to that person. Why lie? If you wanna have sex with that person, just say it. The worse that the person could say is no.
3. In relation to #2, it also pisses me off that they ask if they could be friends with me, and I would say yes. I am very open hearted person, and I welcome anyone who wants to be friends with me. And then suddenly, out of nowhere, they ask if I’m top or bottom. If you do wanna be friends, and just friends, why ask my position when it comes to sex?
4. I’ve seen this in a bulletin, and I wholeheartedly agree. Most networking sites require photos and you have the option of posting captions with it. And it irks me the way guys would put, “Ugh, I’m fat.” or “Aren’t i ugly?”. If that’s what you really think of that picture, why would you post it in the first place? You’re just fishing for compliments. Whenever a guy would tell me that, I’d be like, yeah, you do look fat. Don’t force a compliment out of me because I WON’T.
5. Lying. Lying in the sense that you use other people’s pictures or you basically lie about yourself. The problem is, what if the guy wants to meet you? And you’re not the person in the picture? Yes, you might be thinking, I could always cancel, but what if you really like that person? You lie about your lie, and you continuously have to be dishonest until you are a pathetic chain of lies. And that makes you pathetic.
6. Yes, it’s true that most men are horny, and SEBs (Sex Eyeball – where you meet for sex; hook ups), are natural in the gay community. But it’s not right to generalize gay men. I find it rude that guys use “you have a place?” or “you top or bottom?” as their opening statements. I applaud them for their honesty, but they should have at least have the decency of asking first if I want sex. Because, I DON’T. Do I look like a whore? I know my worth, and if you want sex, get one of those dirty sluts in Quezon Ave.
I am not uptight. Ask my friends, or anyone who knows me for that matter, and ask me what my personality is. I am a very spontaneous fun loving devil may care person, but I know my worth, and I am not afraid to let everyone know that. I do not like liars. If you want me, go straight to the point. My time is precious, so don’t you ever waste it!
If being a bitch means knowing what I want and never settling for anything less, then I’m proud to say I’m a bitch.